Balance due on delivery is to be paid to the carrier by means of cash or certified funds, or directly to Shipping Services & Logistics LLC if previously arranged at pickup with photo or tracking provided to confirm. Signing this document binds the quoted price to your order with Shipping Services & Logistics LLC.
Thank you for choosing Shipping Services & Logistics LLC (S2L)!
Contract Terms & Conditions:
By submitting this Service Agreement (hereafter “Agreement”) online, sending via fax or requesting via email, Customer understands and agrees that they are hiring the services of Shipping Services & Logistics LLC, a licensed, bonded, and insured transportation brokerage (MC# 1120472), to arrange the shipment of their cargo with a Contract Carrier. They further have read, understand and will abide by the following terms and conditions. This agreement supersedes any prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreement and modification of this agreement in any part shall only be valid if executed and signed by a Corporate officer of Shipping Services & Logistics LLC and Customer. The provisions of this Agreement are severable and the invalidity and enforce-ability of any provisions herein shall not affect the enforce-ability of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Special Note: Your total transportation price is guaranteed not to change without your prior authorization. Due to the instability of the current price of diesel fuel or supply and demand, there may be a price increase to your original quote. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC will contact you first to advise you of the increased cost. Choosing this option will ensure your cargo will be transported in a timely manner. However, you will always have the option to continue looking for a carrier at the original quoted price with the understanding that it will most likely take longer than originally anticipated.
1. YOUR TOTAL IS GUARANTEED NOT TO CHANGE WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR APPROVAL. WHEN WE FIND A CARRIER, WE PRESENT, YOU DECIDE! When your Client Assistant or Account Executive has secured reservations on one of our Truck Partners for your cargo; AT THAT TIME, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION to the Client Assistant or Account Executive. THE REMAINING AMOUNT OF YOUR TOTAL GOES TO THE CARRIER COD, CASH ON DELIVERY. YOUR CONTRACT WILL GUARANTEE YOUR COD TO THE PENNY! IF YOU CHOOSE TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD TO SHIPPING SERVICES & LOGISTICS LLC IN FULL (RECOMMENDED), THERE WILL BE A 3% PROCESSING FEE TO HANDLE PAYMENT TO THE CARRIER UPON DELIVERY AND THE MERCHANT SERVICES FEE. WE WILL HANDLE THE CARRIER PAYMENT WITH THIS OPTION.
2. By accepting this document you declare that you are the owner, or an authorized agent of the owner to make arrangements for shipping the owners cargo (Hereinafter referred to as Client, Customer, or Shipper). Client warrants that it is the registered legal owner of the cargo, or that it has been duly authorized by the legal owners to enter into this agreement with Shipping Services & Logistics LLC. Customer or his authorized agent shall be present at the point of pickup and delivery. If Customer or his agent is not present on delivery for any reason, the customer accepts the cargo as is when delivered.
3. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC will arrange, on the customer’s behalf, the transportation of cargo with carriers (Hereinafter referred to as carrier) selected by from the specified pick up location to the specified drop off destination outlined in the shipping order.
4. For COD payments ONLY carriers transporting the cargo will only accept cash or cashier’s check from customer directly to the carrier for balance due upon delivery of your cargo. Please have funds available to expedite your delivery, unless other arrangements have been made and accepted between all parties.
5. If driver of carrier transporting the cargo feels he cannot maneuver or operate his truck at a destination location or neighborhood, it is the responsibility of the client or clients agent to meet the driver for safe delivery of cargo at a location close to the clients desired delivery location.
6. By clients signature or clients agent signature, Shipping Service’s & Logistics LLC and carrier transporting the vehicle(s) and their employees are authorized to operate and transport cargo during transport, pick up/delivery or as needed to facilitate the transport of the cargo.
7. Client agrees and understands that the carrier will route cargo from origin to destination by routes within their own discretion and does not agree to any specified routing by client.
8. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC does not agree to transport the cargo on any particular carrier, nor in time for any particular event unless client agrees in writing to the extra cost involved with guaranteed pick-up or delivery times. Customer or his authorized agent shall be present at the point of pickup and delivery. If Customer or his agent is not present for any reason, the cargo will be accepted as is once the delivery is completed.
Shipping Services & Logistics LLC will not be responsible for any loss or damage created by an unavoidable delay. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC provides you with an estimated pick up and estimated arrival date of your cargo. However the carrier transporting the cargo is subject to delays due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are no guarantees regarding delivery times and dates. No promises, warranties, or covenants are made as to any delivery times or dates. Further, any correspondence or information regarding times or dates are only to be relied upon as estimates, and should not be construed as any direct promise. Therefore, Shipping Services & Logistics LLC will not indemnify Customer for any expenses related to delay. This shall include storage costs, rental reimbursement or any other incidental charges incurred by Customer as a result of delay.
9. Inoperable or static cargo are subject to additional charges. If vehicle(s)/machine(s) are inoperative such that it cannot be driven on and off a carrier’s truck under its own power, please tell us in advance so we can give you a correct quote.
In the event that we are not told that a vehicle(s)/machine(s) are inoperative at the time of the quote; an additional fee of up to $300.00 for vehicle(s)/$750.00 for machine(s) will be added to the final amount to be collected by SHIPPING SERVICE’S & LOGISTICS LLC before the vehicle(s)/machine(s) are delivered.
Additionally, in the event we are not informed of the correct model and type of the vehicle(s)/machine(s), including racks, extensions, oversized tires, rippers, larger buckets/blades, etc., which render the vehicle(s)/machine(s) oversized when we give you a quote. If we discover the oversized nature of client’s vehicle(s)/machine(s) upon pick up, an additional fee of up to $300.00 for vehicles/$750.00 for machine(s) will be added to the final amount to be collected by SHIPPING SERVICE’S & LOGISTICS LLC before the vehicle(s)/machine(s) can be delivered. Please confirm the accuracy of all information you give when asking for a quote from Shipping Services & Logistics LLC.
10. It is against DOT regulations for carriers to transport personal or household possessions within a vehicle/machine. Carriers risk fines for transporting any personal possessions within a vehicle/machine. No personal property shall be transported in client’s vehicle(s)/machine(s) that includes but is not limited to Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Client agrees that Shipping Services & Logistics LLC or carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. Shipping Service’s & Logistics LLC and carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If you wish to put items in the vehicle/machine you do so at your own risk. Extra weight in the vehicle/machine could cause damage to the undercarriage during loading or unloading.
11. The Department of Transportation requires that all outstanding freight charges must be paid without deduction, so before your cargo can be taken off the truck, the total amount you owe must be paid in full with cash or cashier’s check or prearranged method. Any damages should be properly noted on the Bill of Lading while the driver is there, obtain the necessary information from the driver. Damage claims must be made within 5 days of delivery with pictures of specified damages claimed.
12. All claims for damage must first be taken up directly with the carrier, and if there is any damage, the liability for damages lies solely with the carrier. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC will ASSIST client with necessary carrier information (name, phone numbers of that particular motor carrier used for transport) and claim process. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC insurance policy is only to come into effect if motor carrier insurance is not valid at time of claim or gaps in carrier coverage occur as written in cargo insurance policies.
13. Signing the Bill of Lading at destination, without notation of damage, will be evidence of satisfactory delivery of vehicle. Under no circumstances can client make a claim if no damages were noted at delivery. Client or clients agent is highly encouraged to check your cargo over very carefully before you sign the Bill of Lading. THE DRIVER NEEDS TO PROVIDE SHIPPING SERVICE’S & LOGISTICS LLC A SIGNED BILL OF LADING FOR PAYMENT. NO MATTER HOW FAST THE DRIVER IS TRYING TO GET TO HIS NEXT DELIVERY/PICKUP, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO INSPECT YOUR CARGO BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING.
14. In the event the carrier attempts to phone the client to make arrangements to deliver cargo to Client or Clients agent and Client or Clients agent cannot be reached in a reasonable time frame, cargo will be dropped off at the nearest terminal, at the discretion of the carrier. All storage, COD, terminal fees and any extra trucking charges, if any will be due and payable to the carrier in either cash or cashier’s check before cargo is released by terminal. Carrier will call client or agent 3 to 24 hours prior to pick up or delivery so the carrier can compute all COD charges(if any depending on payment method.) In the event a truck is assigned to pick up your cargo and your cargo is not released due to non-payment of cargo ($150 for vehicles, up to $800 for machinery/heavy equipment, and no more than $500/day for commodities) will be added to the price of your load to reschedule your pick up date and requires a pre paid deposit.
15. Once you have authorized your shipping order and accepted your written quote, you are not required to pay any money until your vehicle is dispatched for COD payment or delivered when Shipping Service’s & Logistics LLC will handle all payments. When your Client Assistant or Account Executive has secured reservations on one of our Truck Partners for your cargo AND the cargo is picked up with picture proof to the client, they will call to let you know an estimated pick and delivery date; AT THAT TIME YOU MUST PROVIDE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION/AUTHORIZATION to the Client Assistant or Account Executive. IF THE CLIENT IS UNREACHABLE BY PHONE, TEXT, AND/OR EMAIL FOR 24 HOURS AFTER DELIVERY, THE ALREADY RECEIVED CREDIT CARD INFORMATION WILL BE USED TO RECEIVE PAYMENT AND THE CARGO WILL BE ASSUMED DELIVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
16. After a carrier is dispatched and a notice to the customer has been given (generally by email), any payment is thereby deemed ‘earned’, regardless of whether Customer ultimately chooses to cancel dispatch. Should the Customer choose to cancel the order, Customer should submit a request of cancellation directly to Shipping Services & Logistics LLC, either in writing or through verbal confirmation with a Shipping Service’s & Logistics LLC representative. If cancelled same day of pickup, any moneys collected are forfeited and unable to be applied to future business as the cancellation by client is considered the end of that shipping transaction.
17. Shipping Services & Logistics LLC services are provided AS IS and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, further, Shipping Services & Logistics LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
18. LTL cargo rules are as follows:
A. All items should be palletized, crated or on a skid
B. No loose items
C. All taxes and fees are included in the Quote, based on the information provided.
E. All Rates are provided on the given information. If any info and/or services should change after booking; the Quote will be adjusted and any additional charges will be charged to the customer.
F. All LTL shipments are covered by carrier limited liability. We offer additional insurance to make sure your cargo value is fully covered in case of damage, loss and etc. The rate is based on your cargo value.
G. All HAZMAT items need to be labeled with HAZMAT placards and provide UN#s
H. Transit times are estimated
I. Loading & Unloading is Shipper's responsibility